cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelist Links Error Messages

FACDLAdmin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Every time I send out a panelist link they receive an error saying "You must be signed in to the email address sent to you by the host". I am sending the link to their email address. Why does this happen? Is this a setting on my account or some new restriction from Zoom? 

1 REPLY 1

iambobsat
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi. There is a possibility that you have enabled the "Only authenticated users can join" setting in your meeting settings, panelists must sign in using the same email address to which the invitation was sent. Otherwise, they won't be able to join the meeting. 

How to enable or disable authentication profiles at the user level

Authentication profiles must be configured at the account level. Once your admin has configured authentication profiles, they can disable them at the account level and allow you to enable or disable profiles at the user level.

To enable or disable Only authenticated users can join meetings for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under Security, click the Only authenticated users can join meetings toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.