cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Stream Education Program

danielstetson
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, in February we live-streamed educational programs from San Ignacio Lagoon, Mexico into classrooms across the country. We used an iPhone, Starlink and Zoom Webinar. We want to do another program using multiple camera inputs including a drone. Is there a software program that we can use to manage these different feeds and then feed into Zoom, other than Zoom's share screen? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @danielstetson.

If you’re willing to invest some time – and possibly a little money, but there are free options – there are a variety of ways to accomplish this.

Check out OBS for a free way. With OBS, you can have multiple “scenes”, one for each camera, and select the scenes you want shown “live”. Then you start the OBS Virtual Camera, and select that to display. (There are multiple ways to do this; beyond the scope of my brief answer).  OBS is available on Windows and Mac. 

If you’re on Windows, theirs Is a TV-switcher like software called vMix which runs $50/month on a subscription basis. This has extensive configuration options and several ways to push the video out to Zoom. 

Mac person? Ecamm and Mimo Live have similar functionality. I’m not a Mac person, but there’s a bunch of them on the Zoom Test Kitchen. Check out some of their recent live videos. 

The good news is that vMix and Ecamm have recently been expanded to include a built-in Zoom interface, but that’s another layer of learning I’d need to come up to speed on. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !