cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not share my screen when joining from browser

msichannel
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am unable to share my screen when I join from my browser. This is the first time I've ever had this issues and my co workers are experienceing the same issue. When panelists join from the app, they are able to. Was there a Zoom update that limits the ability to share screens from the browser?

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @msichannel,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our engineering team has found the root cause, and it has now been resolved. You should be able to screen share on a web browser now. For more information, please check our status page.

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Carla,

Was this fix rolled out to all browser & OS combinations? I'm using Brave on Linux Mint and I'm seeing the same issue as msichannel.

MGSR

Hello @NRWhittleBH,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

I'm sorry, the issue with screen sharing with Linux is an ongoing issue. Our engineers are collecting data and working to have this fixed. Meanwhile, you can follow this thread share screen linux wayland broken for updates.

Thank you and have a great day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hi @MGSR 

I had a read through that thread and it seems like that issue is with the Zoom client rather than the Zoom browser application.

Are they the same underlying issue?

Hi Carla,

Was this fix rolled out to all browser & OS combinations? I'm using Brave on Windows 10 and I'm seeing the same issue as msichannel.

I read the thread suggested to NRWhittleBH, but it was about Linux.

Note i am using Zoom Workspace, and the screen option was visible a few weeks before.

Thanks

The issue is that the share screen button, itself is missing.

Is it some case to force users to use the desktop zoom application?
I am unable to as i have maintain and juggle multiple zoom accounts, as part of my job.

The button is visible in the google chrome, though.

MGSR

Hello @ShreyashW,

Kindly check your permission settings on your Brave Browser.

Mark
Zoom Community Team