cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of signal processing by windows audio device drivers

asayal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi I am on hp pro book windows 11 64 bit and installed latest version of zoom. 

I have an issue where I cannot hear the meeting. My audio uses the same speakers as the system in audio setting. 

I can start hearing the other person untill I go to audio settings -> audio -> Advance -> signal processing by windows audio device drivers and flip the setting on which it is on. What is the purpose of this setting and what should it be for a windows PC for zoom? Any help will be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Betty01
Newcomer
Newcomer

The purpose of signal processing by Windows audio device drivers is to enhance, modify, or manage audio signals, ensuring optimal sound quality, noise reduction, and proper functioning of audio hardware and software on a Windows system.

asayal
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the reply. I am having to reset this setting every time I have a new zoom call on the zoom app and it does not matter what setting it is on, as long as I toggle it the zoom app starts to share the speakers sound, otherwise it does not have speaker sound. My speaker works well with all other apps and even the browser based zoom works fine without any issues. I am really struggling with this issue, what do I need to do to fix it.