cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom noise suppression affecting shared screen audio (Ableton Live)

Kabay
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, I've been wrestling with this weird problem for over 8 hours now. I have a live session with nearly 20 people tomorrow and can't seem to figure out how to resolve this.

The problem is basically this, when I share my screen and audio of Ableton Live so that participants can see and hear what I'm doing, Zoom seems to glitch/suppress the audio when it plays quietly. It's inconsistent when this is happening but in general, it seems to happen when there are less sounds playing at a time or the sounds are quieter. It seems like it would be the noise suppression that's trying to remove the sound coming from Ableton when it drops below a certain loudness threshhold? Sometimes when I stop sharing the screen this glitch still happens for a while.

I'm using original audio for musicians' settings, tried any combination of audio settings I can think of, I've tried routing the audio through Windows 11 drivers and my Focusrite audio interface, also tried VB Cable and Voicemeeter. I've uninstalled zoom and re-installed the most recent version.

I'm using a DELL XPS 15 9530 with Windows 11. I've read the article about some issue with audio enhancing effects and potential audio enhancing software that can cause this issue and disabled everything that could be causing this and still nothing.

After 8 hours of trying to solve this Zoom just keeps doing the same thing when fewer elements are playing or they get quieter something switches and the audio sounds glitched/empty/filtered in a weird way until I turn the volume of the signal up and it 'clicks' back into place.

Please help 😕

0 REPLIES 0