cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar Audio Issue with Speakers

als1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I cannot get any audio through my speakers or connected devices when using the Zoom client on either of two new Acer laptops.  When using the Zoom audio settings speaker test, I can see the graphic showing there is output, but there is no sound on the speakers.   All other apps that use audio are just fine on both laptops. Every diagnostic procedure has been tried, including but not limited to de-installing and reinstalling the audio drivers and the Zoom client, and the problem still persists. Windows and Zoom versions are current.  I have worked with the laptops’ manufacturer as well as the Geek Squad and others to diagnose the problem.  All parties point to the Zoom client itself.  I need help with this, as I cannot utilize my subscription with these laptops until the problem is resolved. 

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi als1,

try completely removing zoom workplace using CleanZoom and then reinstall the most recent client.

Run CleanZoom to remove Zoom completely

To remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files and locally saved Zoom app settings, run CleanZoom on your device. 

Eliot_0-1725107315743.png

In addition to removing configuration files and local app settings, uninstalling with the CleanZoom uninstaller will also remove cryptographic keys, which will cause you to lose the ability to decrypt end-to-end encrypted (E2EE) emails in Zoom Mail and Zoom Phone voicemails with Advanced Encryption, unless you have a backup key with sufficient access or account escrow enabled.

Be aware of the likely permanent loss of E2EE encrypted Zoom Mail emails and encrypted Zoom Phone voicemails before using this uninstaller, and potentially use the standard uninstall method if you intend to reinstall Zoom on the same device.

1. Download and run CleanZoom (updated April 2024).
    Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.
  2. Once completed, download Zoom from our Download Center and reinstall

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thanks for the quick response.  However, it did not work.  I tried it twice exactly in accordance with the instructions.  Same problem.  No sound through speakers when testing via the audio options in settings.  No sound.  Audio output is visible on the graphic, but no sound through the speakers.