cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom AI Companion (ver 5.17.11)

HeracrossLM
Listener

Hello,

My organization is running into an issue where the settings for the Zoom AI companion are enabled and the correct options are ticked, but we are not receiving any email transcripts. Last Friday, we ran the AI Companion for about 10 minutes as test, but we have not yet received the email. We ran the companion again at 10 AM and yet again didn't receive anything.

In my Settings > AI Companion > Meeting section >

Meeting Summary with AI companion (is ticked)

Send an email notification when sharing with users (ticked)

Share summary with:

Only me (meeting host) (ticked)

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HeracrossLM
Listener

I just realized that running only the Zoom AI companion doesn't automatically generate the email summary for you.  There are two buttons at the bottom of the Zoom meeting and one of them (should be located next to AI Companion) is the "Start Summary" button. You can click the "Start Summary" button (AI Companion doesn't need to be enabled during the meeting for this) and you should receive the summary after the meeting.

See the screenshot here. I misunderstood the functionality of the AI Companion and automatically thought this would send the summary. They're so closely related that I paid no mind to the button right next to it...

View solution in original post

Thank you so much for this explanation.  It makes so much sense now.  I also discovered that I have to turn on a setting called "show meeting tools" to have the Start Summary button show up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Passionista
Listener

Thanks for posting this issue.  I'm having the same even after a response was submitted to enable the settings which I have done and locked it.  I'm following here to hopefully resolve this issue.

HeracrossLM
Listener

I just realized that running only the Zoom AI companion doesn't automatically generate the email summary for you.  There are two buttons at the bottom of the Zoom meeting and one of them (should be located next to AI Companion) is the "Start Summary" button. You can click the "Start Summary" button (AI Companion doesn't need to be enabled during the meeting for this) and you should receive the summary after the meeting.

See the screenshot here. I misunderstood the functionality of the AI Companion and automatically thought this would send the summary. They're so closely related that I paid no mind to the button right next to it...

Thank you so much for this explanation.  It makes so much sense now.  I also discovered that I have to turn on a setting called "show meeting tools" to have the Start Summary button show up.

No problem. Glad to help!