cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Companion features for test group

shd1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am looking to enable the AI companion features for a few users in my org to test.  I have created a test group with few users, however, it looks like  the AI Companion has to enabled at the account level first before enabling it for the test group. 

How do I ensure that the rest of the users in the org don't get access to this feature?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi  @shd1 

Here are some steps you can use to enable this for a particular user group and disabled for the rest. 

1. Enable and lock the AI feature at the account level - this will enable AIC for everyone, yes, but it's temporary.  Pick an off-time when no one should be using Zoom (if possible).
  2. Disable and keep locked at the account level.  This should force it OFF for all groups, and lock that option.
  3. Unlock and keep disabled at the account level. This should allow you to turn it on at the group level, but it should be disabled
  4. Enable the AI feature for the user group(s) you want to have it enabled for, while keeping it disabled and locked for the other user groups. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shd1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Anyone ??

Bort

Hi  @shd1 

Here are some steps you can use to enable this for a particular user group and disabled for the rest. 

1. Enable and lock the AI feature at the account level - this will enable AIC for everyone, yes, but it's temporary.  Pick an off-time when no one should be using Zoom (if possible).
  2. Disable and keep locked at the account level.  This should force it OFF for all groups, and lock that option.
  3. Unlock and keep disabled at the account level. This should allow you to turn it on at the group level, but it should be disabled
  4. Enable the AI feature for the user group(s) you want to have it enabled for, while keeping it disabled and locked for the other user groups. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

This is not practical if you have a fleet of 2500. We can't be expected to add individual people to the group where we will be locking the function off.

Why wouldn't you release the functionality that lets us enable this functionality for a specified group and remain locked off for everyone else!?

shd1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the detailed description.   If I am understanding this correctly this would require creation of at least 2 groups - 1. Test/Pilot Group and  2. Rest of the users..  Is that right?

Bort

Yes, correct. You could even create the groups ahead of time and then use the Switch user group option under the Advanced tab of the Users page to bulk move users to the general group, then manually remove the test users and add them to the other group (assuming you have lots of users but only a few test pilots) 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Is there a way with the scenario above to automatically assign people to 2. Rest of the users. If this is not possible someone will forget when creating them and they will have the option to turn on recording in their settings. 

sdoyle1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is there a way with the scenario above to automatically assign people to 2. Rest of the users. If this is not possible someone will forget when creating them and they will have the option to turn on recording in their settings.