cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Voting" using Zoom

mitchdsm
Listener

I have situations where I need people to be able to "vote" during a zoom call.  The issue is that only qualified people are allowed to vote and the zoom meeting is open to many.  Is there a way for only qualified people to "vote" on issues and not allow persons that are not qualified - not vote. ?

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @mitchdsm

We do not have a way that you can choose who can vote or who cannot vote in a Zoom Meeting. You could use the webinar product and make only the "qualified people" panelists, and then send the poll or voting link only to all panelists in the chat, but there is no way to differentiate in a Zoom meeting between "qualified" and "not qualified". 

Please let me know if there are any further questions that you have that I can assist you with. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Are people placed in the waiting room, able to vote on a poll?

HayAutumn
Listener

@mitchdsm the way we do this is to rename all guests to "Guest-NAME", then when there's a vote to take you ask them not to vote. But if you see a Guest vote, you subtract it from the total. If you are doing an anonymous vote through a poll, then move the Guests into a breakout room or back into the waiting room before launching the poll to ensure only those eligible can answer.