cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat recipient defaults to direct message instead of "everyone" after receiving direct message

Moth
Listener

Hi!
This is driving me nuts: as soon as I receive any direct message the chat recipient automatically sets itself to the sender (instead of everyone) for the rest of the session. I can switch it to "Everyone" and send a message, but as soon as I close the chat and open it again it will once again point to that person.

I tried googling for that problem, but no matter what I try, I just get the standard help pages for chat which do not seem to mention that issue.

Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, there is no way I am aware of to change that behavior for in-meeting chat. 

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Unfortunately, there is no way I am aware of to change that behavior for in-meeting chat. 

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

Thanks for the answer, that is really annoying.
I sent the feedback, though I doubt it will change anything.

Andy91
Listener

bumping this, it's super annoying

johnohagan
Listener

This is still happening and is annoying and potentially embarrassing. 

MiguelXo
Listener

This is precisely happening to me.  And I find it annoying that the answers are just deflection.  

It's a MAC thing.  Its real.  

NWEOL
Listener

Continuing this thread later than the last post in 2023, I note that the same issue of the chat recipient locked on the sender of a direct message instead of to 'everyone' has occurred even in a meeting in which direct messages have been (theoretically) disabled by the administrator.   Any explanation as to how this could be possible would be gratefully received.