cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom channel admin

KEB1
Listener

Hi all,

I'm an admin of a zoom channel and used to be able to add members to it.

However, for some reason, the option is now greyed out and I'm unable to do anything. The owner can add members, but as this is one of my roles, I need to be able to as well.

Can anyone please tell me why this is and what the fix is for it.

Kris

2 REPLIES 2

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @KEB1 

First, please ensure you are on the latest version of Zoom. I've included more Zoom Support articles for reference below.

If my reply helped, please click Accept as Solution so others in the Community may benefit as well! 

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi KEB1,
Let's have you check a few things.  First, as the other person mentioned, please check that you're on the latest version of Zoom and I am assuming you're using the desktop client (not web or mobile).  If you're the channel admin, then there is a channel owner with more permission in the channel than you, but that should not prevent you from adding members.  In the right-hand menu for the channel you want to add members, verify that you're an admin by licking More Actions > Look under Members and see your name.  You should have (Admin) next to your name.  You should be able to click the + sign to add members, regardless if you choose to "Edit the Channel" and see that permissions are greyed out because you're a channel admin, not the owner.  

If you've look at all that, I would add some screenshots and open a ticket with support, but that's not expected behavior.