cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading files on android app

Tgill
Listener

My colleagues and I commonly need to share files, we do so via the team chat.  These files are commonly .apk files.  When I use my phone to try and download the file, the file just downloads into the app.  The app notifies me saying download complete but when I press on it, it just launches the app.  I am wondering how I can actually download the file directly onto my device so I may use the .apk

1 REPLY 1

JasonHernandez1
Listener

It sounds like the .apk files are being downloaded within the app instead of being saved to your device's file system. To download the .apk file directly to your device, you can try the following steps:

1. Open your team chat app and navigate to the chat containing the .apk file you want to download.
  2. Tap and hold on the .apk file to bring up the context menu.
  3. Select "Save" or "Save As" from the context menu. This should save the .apk file to your device's file system.
  4. Once the download is complete, open the "Downloads" app on your device and locate the .apk file you just downloaded.
  5. Tap on the .apk file to begin the installation process.

If these steps don't work, you can try using a different web browser or file manager app to download the .apk file. Additionally, make sure that your device's security settings allow installation of apps from unknown sources, as some .apk files may not be available on the Google Play Store.