Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Most Embarrassing Zoom Moment

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi Zoomers! 

I know we’ve all had one, so tell me…

What has been your most EMBARRASSING moment on Zoom?

Reply below 👇👇

--

I love to be comfortable but presentable on my Zoom calls, so I typically wear a plain T-shirt or top. However, what I decide to wear for bottoms varies. Sometimes I wear jeans, sometimes I wear yoga pants, and sometimes I even wear pajamas. However, there was one meeting where I wore pajama shorts and randomly had to step away from my desk. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn my camera video off, so everyone saw my pajamas. I was so embarrassed!  😂

giphy

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?
11 REPLIES 11

Eaganeer
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

First Zoom call of the day, and my morning routine is NOT on schedule. I rush from the bathroom and hop on a call as my lead time disappears. Everything is going great until... I get off the call and get a chat.. Apparently, I nicked myself shaving and it didn't start bleeding until about 15 minutes into my call.   Lesson learned.. always enable SOME form if in-meeting chat so folks can tell you that you look like a vampire victim before the call is over... (insert facepalm emoji here)

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Yikes! That's rough 😨

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Cute Gif Reaction GIF

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

YaBoiB

🤣  That is funny! @Eaganeer 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi, I’m a journalist writing an article on embarrassing Zoom moments. Would it be alright if I included this post and credited you? Thanks!

YaBoiB

I have a good one. When this happened, I about died inside. I was so embarrassed. I was in this giant meeting with all kinds of VPs of our company and the company we were assisting. Another huge company. I realized that I needed to get going towards the top of the hour. I did not realize that I was the "Host" of the meeting. So without thinking, I clicked end and end meeting, thinking that I was clicking leave and leave the meeting. Immediately after I clicked end meeting, my heart sank. There were 40 + people in this meeting. I was so embarrassed. I jumped back in the meeting and took my lumps. (people making jokes, nobody was angry) it was the most embarrassing day of my time here with the company, and I hope that it never happens to me again. 🤣😂

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

giphy

Bri
Zoom Community Team

allysusalla

Well here goes nothing....   My former employer would hold these huge organization meetings.  All the high level executives would be on and talk about performance and goals for the next quarter.  It was an 8am meeting and it was not required to have your camera on.  I rolled out of bed, grabbed my pillow and on to the couch.  Curled up in a blanket, laptop on the coffee table and my eyes barely open.  I click the hyperlink for the meeting.  No one has their camera's on...EXCEPT FOR ME.   The answer is no.. I did not realize it.  I am laying down, hair all jacked up, on my pillow, blanket up to my chin and EVERYONE can see me.  My boss texted my cell to let me know but by then the damage was done.  Luckily, he had a sense of humor and teased me relentlessly about sleeping on the job.  😬

Oh my goodness! This is one of my worst fears 🤣

Bri
Zoom Community Team

That's good your boss thought it was funny!

RobertoSMolle
Listener

My most embarrassing moment on ZOOM was the one when my ZOOM mic intentionally turned on and I.  Participants could hear what I said. The problem is, not everything that I said was for everybody's consumption, hahahahaha...