cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Zoom invite for irregularly recurring meetings?

Chris33
Listener

Hi, I'm trying to use the same Zoom meeting invite for a number of meetings in future. I know the date & time of the first meeting, but I don't know yet when the other future meetings will take place. 

In the past, I could do this by simply clicking "Recurring" without specifying future dates. Now with the current version of Zoom, I am prompted to already input those future dates - which I don't know yet. How do I solve this?

Or, alternatively: can I set up a single meeting now, and then simply re-use that same "old" link in future?

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Scheduling a No Fixed Time recurring meeting. This must be done through the web portal

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
  3. Click Schedule a Meeting.
  4. Below the Time Zone option, select the check box next to Recurring Meeting.
  5. Recurrence: Choose No Fixed Time.
  6. Finish selecting the meeting options and click Schedule.
  7. Click Save

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

ColinFine
Listener

That's great, and I see how I could use it for ad hoc meetings. 

But how can I schedule a series of meetings where I know the dates in advance, but they are not regular?
I tried creating a "No Fixed Time" meeting, but then couldn't see how to create instances of it.
I tried saving it as a Template, and using that, but only noticed after I'd sent an invitation out that they all had different IDs.

Obviously, I can create a series of independent meetings with the same name (which is what I've inadvertently done), but I would prefer them to have the same ID.

I came here to ask the same question...thanks for wording it better than I would have. I need to create random meetings with the same ID,

I was trying to figure out the same thing. I needed monthly meetings for a learning series where registration is required for each session, but these occur on inconsistent days/weeks each month.

I tried setting up a monthly recurring meeting even though the dates wouldn't be right initially. Once I saved the initial setup, in the meeting details under under the "Time" section it specifies the recurrence and there is an expandable "Show all occurrences" link. Once this expands there are buttons to "Edit" or "Delete" occurrences or "Add another session". I went through and edited each occurrence to the proper date and time and saved them. Now each occurrence is on the irregular date I've specified and they all have the same meeting ID.

Thanks. Haven't tried it yet, but I will when it comes up again.

Gajo
Listener

Same question here AND where do I find the invite that I can copy and paste in an email?