cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room proximity sharing prompts for meeting passcode

cmcfadden33
Listener

Howdy - we just got some Neat Bar devices to use as Zoom Rooms and they're behaving a bit odd. Neat thinks this is an issue either on the zoom end or with account setup. 

Here's the order of operations:

1. Someone creates a new meeting (on google calendar) and adds the Zoom Room resource. They attach Zoom meeting info
  2. Someone walks into the room and joins the meeting on the touchpad - all works well
  3. They open their laptop and launch the zoom app, then hit share
  4. Zoom App correctly detects that they're in a zoom room via proximity sharing, but prompts for the meeting passcode. Entering the meeting passcode allows the connection to succeed.

To be clear, it doesn't ask for the sharing key - it wants the meeting passcode. In theory since our users are all logged into our Zoom domain, it shouldn't prompt for anything - sharing should "just work". That's how it's always worked for us in the past with Zoom rooms.

Anyone seen this before? Ideas about what might be causing that? 

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @cmcfadden33

This sounds like the direct communication between the Zoom Client and the Zoom Room is being blocked somehow which is making the Zoom Client think that it needs to join the meeting "over the top" (i.e. via the internet) which then leads to being challenged for the meeting passcode. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

I reviewed some similar cases and we found that one customers mDNS was disabled. We sent them this Neat documentation to help clear up the issue. 

https://support.neat.no/article/network-and-firewall-requirements-for-neat/

I hope that this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?