cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone - Auto Login when check into Zoom Workspace

sbmiller
Listener

We use Yealink desk phones that are integrated with our Zoom Phone subscription. We are beginning to implement Zoom Workspaces for remote users to reserve cubicles when they are in the office.

If a hoteling employee checks into a Zoom Workspace, is there a way to automatically log them into the zoom desk phone at the hotel desk?

Currently, we have hot desking enabled and the employee has to manually log into the desk phone in their Zoom Workspace. We are trying to reduce friction and improve the user experience by logging a user into the desk phone when they scan the QR code at the desk or choose "check in" for their desk reservation within the Zoom mobile app.

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @sbmiller

If the hoteling employee is logged in to the Zoom app on their mobile device and scans the QR code for a desk that they have recently reserved that should "check that employee in" to the desk that was reserved. If you want them to walk up to the desk that they want to reserve you can print out a QR code for them to scan at the desk. 

There is more information about checking in and out of workspaces here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/11779132914701 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for the response. We use both options to check into a hoteling cube/workspace. My question was whether an employee can have their Zoom desk phone (Yealink) automatically logged in when they check into a hotel cube/workspace? Right now, we have a Yealink desk phone in each hotel cube and the employee can log into the phone manually for phone calls (hot desking). We want the Zoom desk phone to auto login when the employee checks into their cube/workspace.

YaBoiB

Hi @sbmiller

I see what you are saying now. I do not believe that we have that functionality right now, but please allow me to do some research and see if that is either something that is coming (roadmap) or something that we can possibly add as a feature request.  Question, when an employee logs in to the computer does the desk phone (Yealink) automatically recognize the user?  Do you have that functionality already configured? 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hello @sbmiller

This currently only works with ZPA, not with IP Phones. Here is an article that was shared with me from our team here at Zoom. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7879620713613-Using-Workspace-Reservation-for-Zoom-Phone-A...

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Immigrator
Listener

It would be great to get that functionality with IP phones as well. We just got a bunch of Poly VVX250 phones via Zoom HaaS and wouldn't chosen those phones if we knew that.