cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Zoom Controller to latest version in Crestron TS

sajithkumar
Attendee

Hi Team,

We came across an issue where we can't update the Zoom Room Controller version to the latest Crestron TS 1070. Currently there is only update firmware if we go to Crestron TS1070 web page and there is no option to update Zoom version.

16 REPLIES 16

MrChips821
Listener

We are also having this issue. 

DonnieGordon
Listener

I am also seeing this issue. Has anyone discovered a solution? My TSS-1070 devices appear in the Zoom ZDM, and the devices show the App Update as pending in the Zoom console, but the updates never complete. Attempting to update them from the Crestron devices themselves result in an "app update is not required" message. Devices are running the latest Crestron Firmware, and are stuck on Zoom Room Controller 5.13.0 (5.14.5.1964) is the most recent version as of the posting of this message. 

bcrow44
Listener

I am having the same issue. I opened up a ticket with both Zoom and Crestron. Both told me they have not seen this and I said there are a lot of people saying this is an issue. So Zoom escaleted it to the engineering and Crestron told me its a Zoom thing since there firmware updates fine to the panel.  Ill let everyone know if i hear anything more. 

Did you hear anything else or get it figured out?

sajithkumar
Attendee

I have opened a ticket with Crestron, waiting for their reply. Will update here once I hear from them. We are missing all new features that released in Zoom Rooms because of this

What came from Creston?

PG-MCSEngr
Listener

Has anybody found a solution for this? I'm stuck as well

Did you ever figure it out?

ActiveUser
Listener

Have this been figured out? We have panels in which are behaving this way. Any solution?

sajithkumar
Attendee

Finally Crestron started supporting ZDM with their latest firmware. We have upgraded all the Touch Panels to latest and now we can push the Zoom room updates straight from the Zoom admin page itself. 

Can you share what fw # that is?  And explain to a new user why this is great?  How did you have to do it before?  All the best

Firmware Ver. 2.004.1029
Previously, updating Zoom on Crestron devices was not possible. We had to wait for Crestron to release their push to implement the latest Zoom features in Zoom Rooms where we have Crestron products deployed. We have escalated the issue to the Crestron team multiple times, and finally, they have started supporting ZDM. This means we can now push the Zoom patch as soon as it is released to all Crestron devices directly from the Zoom portal.

Isn't it 5.015 or something? So you are able to push a newer rev to the Creston panels? What rev is that and you got it to work?

Zoom Room version we are on 5.15.0. Have you noticed the upgrade arrow beside the version number? This feature was previously unavailable for Crestron devices.
Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 1.15.46 PM.png

upgraded to 2.004.1029, but the app cannot be upgraded via zdm, not upgrade arrow, still 5.13

JesseW
Listener

Experiencing very similar issues with Crestron Mercury-x controllers and TS-1070 controllers/schedulers that will not show any available Zoom app updates in the Zoom admin portal past 5.12.0 or 5.13.0 for the 1070's. 

Firmware for the Mercury X devices seems to be 1.4738.00011 which may mean it's behind some of the versions mentioned working here. The devices also aren't enrolled in ZDM and may explain why we can't find these updates on the admin portal. All crestron documentation though that I have come across points to using the  Zoom admin portal to update these devices without any mention of needing to be on a particular firmware version. Seems odd to me to release a product for Zoom that wouldn't be able to support Zoom updates out of the box unless this has changed with Zoom's patches requiring newer versions of Crestron Firmware over time. At this point just venting a little, but still trying to learn and add to pot in case Zoom doesn't know this issue is still affecting folks.