cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco RoomOS and Zoom API Connector

Andy84
Listener

Hi Community, 

We have a Cisco Room Kit with Room OS and having a lot of trouble getting the Zoom Connector API to function.

We have the required CRC license, API downloaded and installed and appears connected to the correct Cisco device IP but when we join an external Zoom meeting, it still requires a pairing code to be inputted, due to the host not having a CRC license) which to my understanding, the Room API Connector is meant to accommodate. 

Your help is greatly appreciated to anyone that can assist.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

dhumes0524
Listener

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am facing the same issue today.  We have new RoomOS device that I have connected to the Enhanced Zoom API connector.  If I join an outside hosted meeting that doesn't have a CRC license, it is not defaulting to using my own (attendee's) CRC license and is prompting me with the splash screen to enter the pairing code.

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, dhumes0524.

If the SIP/H.323 has been provisioned using the Zoom API Connector then the device can join meetings on other accounts, as an attendee, without entering the pairing code. This can be used for either scheduled meetings add to the calendar resource (one-tap), or joining via the Meeting ID number. 

Requisites to join without entering pairing code:

• Meeting ID scheduled by a host without a CRC license
  • Attendee is a Licensed user and has a CRC license available
  • The device is provisioned using the Zoom API Connector

Join using pairing code:

• Meeting ID scheduled by a host without a CRC license
  • Attendee is a Licensed user and has a CRC license available

More on this: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063230

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

dhumes0524
Listener

I did end up getting this configured.  Is there a a way to have my Cisco Room Bar join as a certain licensed user when joining all meetings?

ZoomZoom

Hi, dhumes0524.

You can pair it to a user, yes. See if this helps, as there are some scenarios here that might of use:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060495 

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz