cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add multiple computers to the same room

JasonHorkley
Listener

In one of the official diagrams, it shows multiple computers. This would also be ideal for our setup. However, when attempting to add a second computer to a room, it replaces the first one. Is there a way to add multiple computers to the same room? Is it with a different plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Sent you a DM. If you do not mind can you please mark the response that I sent you as an accepted solution? 

Ray Harwood and I are in competition with each other (friendly of course)! 😃

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @JasonHorkley,

I'm not sure what your question is.  Are you wanting to put multiple computers in one room and log into all of them from the same account?  This is against Zoom Terms and Conditions, though this Zoom Support article does mention that you can access Zoom from one computer, one phone, and one tablet simultaneously:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000787483-Can-I-use-Zoom-on-multiple-devices-

There are free accounts with Zoom, and that's all you need to Join a meeting.  If you are building a small classroom, as an example, you could put multiple computers in there, but each user should have their own Zoom account to join the common meeting, if that's your intent.  Note that when using multiple computers in the same room, all users should have headsets, in order to avoid the feedback loud squeal that can occur.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

No I'm talking about Zoom Rooms

Ray_Harwood

Ah, Sorry! Didn't notice the posting product area!  I thought I'd jump in and help out with some posts that hadn't been answered in 2 days.

I'm not a Zoom Room guy... but I'll see if I can find an answer from someone.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

YaBoiB

Hi @JasonHorkley

Zoom Rooms take over the OS of the Windows or Mac Mini computer when the Zoom Rooms application is installed, so the answer to that question is no, but you can share from multiple computers in the same Zoom Room using the sharing key, so that may be what you saw in some of our documentation, but I cannot be sure unless you reference that link for me so that I can read it. 

We most typically see a NUC computer for Windows and as I mentioned previously a Mac Mini for those who wish to use Apple products in their rooms. The NUC/MacMini is typically installed on the back of the display/Smart TV and it will run the Zoom Room software and pair with the Zoom Room Controller. I have never seen a Zoom Room be run by two different machines as that would be redundant. 

I hope that this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

It looks like the ProAV setup page for 30+ people is no longer available so I'm not sure if it actually showed 2 anymore, since the divisible room has 2 but that's for 2 separate spaces.

The main reason we want 2 computers acting as a host is because it's easier for us to have a computer in the front and back of the room, since the one in the front displays to the 2 TVs and uses the front webcam, whereas the back one would be for the confidence display and the back camera. However, since this appears to not be possible, we will just have to figure out a good way to wire the TVs and front webcam all to the back computer. Thanks anyways!

YaBoiB

Hi @JasonHorkley

I would be happy to run through some scenarios with your team and design ideas if you like. We can schedule a 30-minute Zoom session to discuss this. 

Or if you are interested Zoom has a PSO (Professional Service Team) that can assist you with design and implementation. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

A Zoom session would be great!

YaBoiB

Sent you a DM. If you do not mind can you please mark the response that I sent you as an accepted solution? 

Ray Harwood and I are in competition with each other (friendly of course)! 😃

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion