cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhones not ringing

TDeliduka
Listener

I saw another thread on this and the solution is not quite what we need.  We have weekend queues that only have one person in them each weekend.  Sometimes they are in areas with Internet service that is not optimal. But still at least 4G service. We try to have them on Wifi as much as possible but still I'm finding that oftentimes they're phones do not ring when calls come in.

I will even test call their extension and they do not get any notification.

The answer from Zoom support is to uninstall/reinstall the app and then it will clear out the cache and fix the problem. I have some people who have to do this EVERY WEEK. Does the cache really get corrupted THAT often? I mean, this cannot be a normal type of operation.

5 REPLIES 5

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I have not encountered that, but have you considered having them forward their Zoom number to their mobile phone in those cases?  It is pretty easy to toggle on and off in the mobile app and seems it would be a good use case for when you are operating in spotty cellular data areas.

TDeliduka
Listener

The problem with forwarding to the cell phone is this:

1. Call A  comes in and they are talking.

2. Call B comes in and zoom forwards to cell phone so the person hears "beep beep" in their ear. 

3. Caller B simply hears the hold music and doesn't think anything is wrong but the person is hearing a constant beeping in their ear. Which is annoying.

BrandonS

I think most mobile phones have an option to disable call waiting, so that might be worth trying.

But if it is a call queue shouldn't Zoom only present one call at a time?  The only time they should hear call waiting would be if someone called their direct Zoom number or mobile phone number directly, right?

You would think that would be the case but, no. It doesn't work like that with the call queues. Zoom doesn't know that they're on a call on their cell so it just sends the call. When the person ignores the call, it "goes to voicemail" but zoom recognizes that the "1" key was not pressed to accept the call and then sends it again to the cell phone. So more beeping in their ear.

If they turn off call waiting on their phone that would turn it off for all calls.

TDeliduka
Listener

My biggest question is, How often does the cache get corrupted that people have to re-install the app? I am finding with some of my providers, they have to do it a lot.