cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone

zoomusercath
Listener

Hello! 

Who among you use Zoom phone? Is it a possible that our customer can contact our Zoom phone number even they are not on Zoom. Thanks 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @zoomusercath 

Yes, calling someone who uses Zoom Phone is just like calling a landline phone number or mobile phone number. The opposite is true also; with Zoom Phone you can call any number like you would with a traditional phone. There are Calling Plans that you can subscribe to that allow you to call on a per minute basis, or unlimited within the country, as well as long distance options for calling other countries. 

I hope that helps! 

Craig

Thanks Craig. We subscribe to their calling plans but unfortunately we can’t still received any calls from our customers. I tried calling our Zoom Phone number to test it but it can’t get through. Do you have any idea why this happened? Thank you 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @zoomusercath,

I'll jump in here with my 2.5 cents.  Getting any VoIP phone system configured for the first time is not for the faint of heart, and for many, it's a whole new realm of software configuration.  My guess would be that your phone number is receiving the calls, but your configuration isn't properly routing the call.

If you (assuming you're the admin) log in to the web at zoom.us and go to Admin -> Phone System Management -> Logs, you should see detailed information about calls that came in to your account.  If there are no entries here, then I would agree that your lines are not receiving any calls.  If you see entries here (especially if you can identify calls from your own cell phone, for example), then you ARE receiving calls and need some assistance setting up Zoom Phone.

Please take a look at the log and let us know what you see!  (Don't post a screen shot with phone numbers!)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

you should open a support ticket with zoom.

not knowing the details, makes it difficult to figure out what is going on.

are your customers calling your interactive voice response (ivr) system, your call queue or a  user direct inward dial number?

please check to see what message your callers receive when they call your telephone numbers, for example, 'the call can not be completed as dialed',  'no one is available to answer your call, please leave a message', a busy signal, etc.  the recording(s) can help troubleshooting the issue.

do you have any issue in placing outbound calls?

Zoom Phone has over 4 million users and provides local telephony service across 45+ countries, and toll free service in 29 countries.  your issue may be unique to service in your country.

Eliot

one other thought, did you port your existing telephone numbers to zoom or are you using new telephone numbers?

if you did not port your telephone numbers to zoom, there is no way for your calls to your existing telephone numbers to be routed through the public switched telephone network.  different areras of the world have different porting methods for example:

Requesting a number port (APAC) – Zoom Support

Requesting a local number port (EMEA) – Zoom Support

Requesting a number port in South Africa – Zoom Support

Requesting a number port for US, Canada, or Puerto Rico – Zoom Support