cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone on a Different Domain

mikedavidson
Listener

Hi all, 

I have a small challenge. We have a collaboration partner who is going to move into our space at one of our offices. Per the contract we are to provide them with phone service. Seems straight forward right? Well I can't give them a phone account unless I set them up with at least a Zoom Meeting license as part of our Zoom domain.  I invited them to join our Zoom using a Basic account.  I then learned they already have Zoom meetings.  Zoom meetings are part of their domain. 

My question is this:  is there a way for me, using my companies Zoom domain, to create individual Zoom Phone instances with lines and associate this with their existing Zoom Meeting licenses?  

Your help is greatly appreciate.

Mike

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Mike,

I would assume that they are going to want an Unlimited Calling Plan for each user that you would have to subscribe to in order to assign it to the users. You can set up a separate site in Zoom Phone to segregate their lines from your and have separate Auto Attendants, Call Queues, Business Hours, etc, but the billing would be associated with your account. 

Do they currently have paid Meetings licenses, or just free ones?

Craig

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

another possible approach is to reimburse your collaboration partner for their cost of zoom phone. 

it would be an easier approach not requiring another set of email addresses for each collaboration partner zoom phone user.   also, it would permit users to take advantage of unified communications such as escalating a zoom phone call to a zoom meeting.

this way each collaboration partner user would continue to use his/her email address and password which would be used for all zoom applications such as zoom meetings and zoom phone.

since your collaboration partner is a separate entity, you may want to consider any legal and or security implications.

FORE-Craig

I agree! It would be the cleanest and most secure solution! If they ever leave, they can then just easily port the system to the new location. 

Craig

mikedavidson
Listener

@FORE-Craig @FORE-Craig   Thank you both.  I am waiting to hear back from the partner.  It appears they have Zoom Phone.  If so, the issue will become a non-issue.

FORE-Craig

That would be great!

Craig