cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone incoming calls disabling keyboard/typing

LoJoh
Listener

Hi, 

Our zoom phone system went live last week, so we are still in adjustment period. Several users have mentioned that if they are typing in a document/email etc.  and then receive an incoming phone call, Zoom "steals" the keyboard and they have to click back into their other application to continue to type. 

We tried turning off keyboard shortcuts user by user and testing some incoming calls but that had no effect - typing was still interrupted each time a call popped up on screen. Does anyone know if this is a setting that we can turn off? Or just a minor annoyance we have to deal with?

Thanks!

-Lauren

5 REPLIES 5

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi Lauren

I've tested in my computer & I do not have the same issue. Can you please provide more details?

- Zoom software version

- Operating Platform ( Windows or Mac)

Marciep
Listener

We have the same problem has anyone found a solution for this?

tcrumrine
Listener

I would like to also point out that when you are on a call, and another call comes in, it rings in your ear (loudly). 

I have the setting to send it to voice mail, but it doesn't work. 

barg
Listener

i am facing the same issue and still have not found a solution for that

bradfordp
Listener

So a year after this question and no answer. Zoom is not a great phone option if it can't be customized to simply NOT take over what I'm doing on my computer. I'll answer the phone when ready, not because zoom stops all processing on my machine. Like basic setting stuff here billion dollar company zoom should easily be able to resolve. D-