cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Spam and Robo Calls (Spam call detection and blocking)

FrankM
Listener

Our company switched carriers from a larger phone provider to Zoom Phone about 1 year ago.  Spam call detection and blocking was a future feature that played into the decision to switch, but it's still not available. Around that time I saw this as a proposed Zoom enhancement: 

Being about 1 year out from this and considering most large carriers offer some sort of filtering technology, does anyone from inside Zoom or external users know what's the reason this feature has not been released? For a company like my own, the number of calls is so excessive that there have been requests to switch back carriers that also have VOIP services.

EVEN IF THE ABOVE SOLUTION IS AVAILABLE I AM NOTICING THAT ZOOM ISN'T KEEPING UP WITH THE TECHNOLOGY OFFERED BY OTHER CARRIERS THAT FLAG NEW CALLS FROM "LIKELY SPAM" SOURCES AND SEND THEM STRAIGHT TO VM. 

I'm sure I am not the only user with this issue and people often contact IT support reporting up to 4 robocalls in the morning alone. Also, blocking individual numbers company wide has not been a solution bc robocalls switch up call from numbers.

ZOOM - Can you push out this feature ASAP?

USERS - Can you share any solutions and also request that Zoom push out this feature?

19 REPLIES 19

ChrisO
Note Taker

Spam list is available under Phone System Management >> Company Info >> Account Settings. I believe this is what they were referring to in that article.

ChrisO_0-1635867819232.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Chris!

I don't see this section at all in our Phone System Management >> Company Info >> Account Settings. Which plan are you subscribed to? Perhaps it is based on the plan level?

Craig

Craig

My account is an education account. The phone simply says "multiple plans" as we have some toll-free numbers as well as a with the main plan being "Zoom Phone US/Canada Unlimited Calling ". 

ChrisO_0-1635872818522.png

FORE-Craig

Thank you for the reply, Chris! We are a small business with the "Zoom Phone US/Canada Unlimited Calling" for several users. Perhaps the feature is available because of the educational account status. I wonder if a Moderator might have some insight.

Craig

It's possible they are still in Beta and it's only available to some customers (no idea how they chose who gets Betas). I do not remember the option being there when we set up our phones originally back in May, then again I was rather swamped at that point and spam calls weren't a priority.

Similar to Craig, I cannot see find this section in our account. I am an admin on a full business account. Can you double check the way to get there or comment on your account type? We have "Standard Biz" and Unlimited Calling US and Canada

Kev
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FrankM - I can confirm the SPAM detection and blocking feature is still in beta, so it must be enabled on your account. To request access, you have to contact your Zoom AE. 

Currently, all customers have access to a manual number blocking tool where you can block specific numbers, prefixes, or external numbers. You can find more about it in this support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021146872-Managing-the-blocked-list 

Hi @Kev, Can you please confirm the SPAM detection and blocking feature is still in beta as of 11/1/2022?

Thanks,

Marco

nonprofittechie
Listener

Is this feature still in beta, three months later?  

Manny5429

@nonprofittechie @FORE-Craig This feature,  Spam Call Detection and Blocking  is still in Beta. 

Any Zoom Phone customer who wants to have this enabled in their account should reach out to their Account Executive or Customer Success Manager. If you dont have an AE/CSM, you may open a Support ticket:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

----If this answered your question, don’t forget to select "Accept as solution".

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

FORE-Craig

Thank you, Manny!

Craig

It is now October 23rd, 2022. 

Is there any update on this. I am getting more and more spam calls on multiple numbers across the company. 

Hi @Manny5429 , Can you please confirm the SPAM detection and blocking feature is still in beta as of 11/1/2022?

Thanks,

Marco

I'd also like to know this. We only started with Zoom Phone last December and I am already starting to regret making the switch with how many issues we are having, one of the smaller ones being the rampant spam calls.

Manny5429

Yes, this feature is till in beta. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @FORE-Craig@nonprofittechie, and @FrankM! If the reply posted by @Manny5429 and @Kev has answered your questions, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button 😊

Where is that? There is no option to do this on their reply. 

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi frankm,

this may be what you are looking for.

Admin guide details enhancement to spam protection to automatically tag spam calls according to global industry standards and call handling options.

Admin guide for Zoom Phone Spam – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

CoachRock
Listener

Hi FrankM, 

I too am at this same junction with receiving 5-10 spam calls daily AND Zoom is charging me for the inbound spam calls on my toll free number. Horrible. Have you any updates to share that might help this issue? Thanks. CPR