cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zoom Version Issues - Freezing on Startup & Device Detection Problem

MoniquePP
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ever since there was the forced new update late last week, there seems to be a few major issues with the new "Zoom Workplace" that's really causing delays and issues in collaboration.

FIRST ISSUE - FREEZING EVERY CALL START

For every call I now try to join in on - whether it's my call or someone elses - it now freezes when I try to join.

• It gives me a time/waiting icon.
  • No buttons work.
  • If I try to click anything, the whole screen goes white and locks up.
  • If I click again, it gives me the failure drop screen where I click either "wait" or "close program".
  • It usually takes 2 to 5 minutes for this to resolve, or I have to restart it all.

I have to now plan extra time for all calls to make sure I can sit and struggle with this for a few minutes so I show up on time to the Zoom meeting. This is VERY INCONVENIENT.

SECOND ISSUE - DEVICE DETECTION NOT WORKING

Zoom can no longer detect my advanced plugged in podcast/call mic. It shows in my computer settings, so it's not a personal computer issues, but it won't show in the new Zoom Meeting room.

I've restarted the whole computer and it still won't connect. I'm forced to used my subpar and hard to hear computer mic which is both horrible for client calls and my podcast interviews.

Can some one address this bug in the new launched version?

0 REPLIES 0