cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Delegate Line

sleung
Listener

Is it possible to have your Zoom phone line only ring on your delegates phone/device? My user is a delegate that screens her delegator's line and would like to know if this is possible.

11 REPLIES 11

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @sleung 

This advanced feature is available if the delegator has a Power pack license. This and many other features are part of the Zoom phone Power pack offering. Please explore: https://zoom.us/pricing/zoom-phone

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

sleung
Listener

Hello @sachinzoom 

So you are saying this add-on is the only way for my user to do this? What if I were to create a Shared Line Group? 

sachinzoom

Hi @sleung 

Delegation wise yes thats the way I mentioned.

On you Shared Line question, Yes you can do that. In that case, do not assign a phone number to the executive.  Assign their phone number to the shared line group and add both the executive and the delegate to it. After that, Turn off the executive's user from the Shared line group. So the delegate can make / receive calls on the exec's behalf.

On your Zoom App, or using the Exec's Zoom phone UI ( as an admin ), turn off calls

sachinzoom_0-1678915220567.png

So,if a call comes on the Delegate's shared line and they talk to them, they can put the call on HOLD and message the exec to resume the call.  This is another alternative.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

sachinzoom

Hi @sleung 

Hope the response was helpful. One more good new feature,

• Users can enable or disable shared line groups directly from the IP Phone by using DTMF command - *85 + SLG extension number to enable/disable SLG line.

enielsen
Participant

I think they are referring to this power pack feature:

• Shared line group widgets:
    • Receive group calls: Enable or disable inbound call notifications from the shared line group.

But I don't see mention of a similar feature for shared line appearances and I'm too lazy right now to set it up to see.

But yes, outside of maybe with the power pack I don't think there is a way to do what you want. I do wonder if can do something with distinctive ringing, but I believe that only works when using the Zoom app?

sachinzoom

@enielsen Thats a different feature.  This is a hidden feature VIP delegation, which is only applicable for ZP power pack users. 

enielsen
Participant

How does one enable it in the Power Pack? I don't see anything obvious in my power pack though don't currently have any delegations.

enielsen
Participant

So if one has a Power Pack license, how does this hidden VIP feature work? I just set myself as a delegate and do see anything obvious...

sachinzoom

Hi @enielsen 

Open a support ticket and ask them to enable " VIP delegation"

After that you will start seeing it

Thanks, Is there any documentation on this "VIP delegation" so I can read up on how it behaves before I open a ticket (lol, I have a multiple tickets open on other things already!)

sachinzoom

@enielsen Lol you are using ZP capabilities to the maximum, thats good to hear.

I corrected my typo above, the delegator and not the delegate needs to have a ZP power pack license, so they can assign delegates. Since this is a beta feature, there is no documentation available but I am attaching some screenshots for you, features are self explanatory when you enable it.

Delegator:

sachinzoom_1-1678917580862.png

sachinzoom_2-1678917612939.png

Delegate:

sachinzoom_3-1678917686264.png

Hope that helps