cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM UPDATE PROBLEM

GB5
Listener

i am asked to update a new version of zoom. When i do that, i receive a message saying it is already installed. And so i can't open zoom. What can i do to solve this problem ?

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @GB5 

This support article should help you. It gives the instructions for updating based on the platform that you are using:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

I hope that helps!

Craig

Hi Craig thank you for your answer
my problem is i dont't have the same display that the one we get with your link

May be the answer is here :
Note: If the desktop client was installed with the MSI installer by you or your IT team, AutoUpdate is disabled by default and the Check for Updates button is also removed. Please contact your IT team or Zoom account admin for help with updating

Alsp i tried to install it manually, as suggested , without succes as already mentionned

Reallyi do not know what to do

warm regards
Gérard

So is your system managed by your IT group? If it is, you'll have to talk to them, especially if you do not have administrator rights on your computer.

FORE-Craig

Hi Gérard,

You're welcome! 

Is your computer a Windows-based PC managed by your company's IT department? 

Best regards,

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Assuming your system isn't being managed by your work's IT group, I would try de-installing the Zoom app and then downloading and installing the latest version....

Hi Enielsen
Thanks for your answer

I have already tried to de-install zoom : in terminal with "sudo apt remove zoom"   
zoom apparently was uninstalled (?) but i am not porposed to insatll zoom but  i always get the message :" your app version needs to be 5.8.6 or higher to join the meeting. Please update to continue"
And if i do that , at the end, i get the message saying that this version is already installed

Thanks for tor help
warm rerads
Gerard

FORE-Craig

Hi again Gérard,

I just read your reply to @enielsen. Are using a Mac?

After you ran the Sudo command, does the Zoom app appear in the Applications folder?

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Ah, so this is a debian linux box.

So if you removed zoom via apt, then you would have needed to download the latest version and install it as per https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-or-updating-Zoom-on-Linux

Using the terminal 

1. Download the DEB installer file from our Download Center
  2. Open the download location using a file manager.
  3. Right click in the file manager and click Terminal or Open in Terminal to open the terminal in the current location.
  4. Type in the following command and press Enter to run it.
    sudo apt install ./zoom_amd64.deb
    Note:
    • Make sure you enter the correct DEB filename. In most cases, the filename will be zoom_amd64.deb, but will be different if you have using a 32-bit system or a DEB file for an older version of Debian or Ubuntu.
    • If you're using Debian and get an error saying you are "not in the sudoers file", run the following commands, then try installing again.
      su - 
      apt install sudo
  5. Enter your admin password and continue the installation when prompted.