cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic warm transfer not working

RGibson1
Listener

Our office recently migrated to zoom. Sporadically our reception team cannot warm transfer calls, for instance not available in the morning, but ok in the afternoon or vice versa. They are using the softphone system. It does not matter if the person they are warm transferring to has the mobile app or desktop app, same result. All users are operating on the most current version of zoom. All users who are attempting to initiate the warm transfers have the powerpak licenses. Today I toggled on and off call overflow, call transferring, and call handling/forwarding in account settings, then had my team log out and log in. It seemed to do the trick. They had access to warm transfers again. However, this seems like it might be a bit of a pain to do every day. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue permanently?

9 REPLIES 9

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi RBibson1,

When you say they cannot transfer, do you mean the function fails, or do you mean the option is not listed?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

The function fails. 

By chance do your phone users typically have a lot of meetings in the morning that also use Zoom?

We have roughly 150 users on our systems at any given time. I am unsure if they are having meetings at this time. Most of our users use zoom primarily as their phone. The main group I am referencing, are not in meetings or do not have an abundance of meetings during the morning time. During that initial period of time, we have low volume. 

Ok, I know in the past I have had issues with users checking the "Hide incoming calls when in a meeting" which has led to unanswered/declined calls. Have you checked the phone logs to see what they say is happening to the call?

enielsen
Participant

Also, one can check if a user was in a zoom meeting by looking in "Admin/Account Management/Reports/Usage Reports/Active Hosts" and use the By Users tab. Of course this is just for your company's zoom meetings, not if they are in an external party's meeting.....

JimmyOrtiz3
Listener

We are also getting reports of this issue but it seems to be very intermitent.  Did you ever find a solution to this? 

RGibson1
Listener

We haven't found success with this. However, this is a known issue and there should be a fix deployed sometime this month to fix it. Fingers crossed!

enielsen
Participant

There is a zoom phone update on 12/18 so perhaps will be done then, don't see anything specifically about it in the Release Notes