cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split conference call

meterman33
Listener

When on an audio conference call on the Windows desktop client, is there a way to split a conference call.  For example, if I am part of a 3 person audio conference, I would like the ability to split the conference call so that I am speaking with 1 party and have the 3rd party on hold.  Then, I would like to bring all 3 parties back into the same conference call.

1 REPLY 1

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi , Currently a private call ( as you will see on mobile devices, depending on carrier. Most carriers do not support it) is not an option. I however, advice you to try the BMW ( barge, monitor and whisper ) feature. These are the attributes. If that helps, Please let me know.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360044804711-Setting-up-call-monitoring

High level these are the possibilities ( also includes Conf barge )

• Listen: Listen to a call without the parties being aware.
  • Whisper: Speak to a phone user in a call without other parties being aware.
  • Barge: Join a call and speak to all parties. The call will become a 3-way call.
  • Take over: Take over the call from a Zoom Phone user.
  • Conference Barge: Take over a shared line group call. This allows multiple members to barge into a call that is received by the shared line group, regardless of who answered the call. Up to 10 total members can join the call. This feature requires phone users to have client or app version 5.8.0 or higher.