cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device for increasing the volume

DG21
Newcomer
Newcomer

I often have issues with hearing all participants on a group zoom call who are dialed in from one laptop.  In particular, a group will be sitting around a conference table with one microphone for all.  They have tried many options to fix the issue to no avail.   Is there an amplifier or app I can add on my end to increase the sound? I'd consider purchasing one.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jrmagno
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

To improve hearing participants in a Zoom call when a group uses one laptop and microphone around a conference table:

1. Use External Speakers or Amplifiers: Consider USB/Bluetooth speakers like the Jabra Speak 710 or an amplifier with external speakers for louder and clearer sound.

2. Improve Microphone Quality on the Other End: Suggest using 360-degree conference microphones (e.g., Jabra Speak Series, Blue Yeti) or dedicated conference devices (e.g., Polycom SoundStation, Logitech Group).

3. Optimize Zoom Settings: Adjust Zoom audio settings (e.g., "Original Sound for Musicians") or use equalizer apps like Boom 3D to enhance sound output.

4. Check Room Acoustics: Ensure proper microphone placement and reduce background noise for clearer audio capture.

you can check this ZOOM recommended Hardwares as well.

DG21
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you! Can you recommend an amplifier?