cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing phone lines between Exec's and exec Assistants

dylanhunt
Attendee

I come from Cisco call manager background. The way it shares a line is you can "put" that line on a physical phone, anyone's phone provided they have to open space. 

The line will ring on all phones that have this number.  My exec assistants have their personal line need to have and the lines of two other exec's on their Poly vvx-350s. 

Was under the impression that zoom allows 10 phone numbers assigned to a single user.  Can't I just add the two exec lines to my Exec Asst Zoom phone? 

Also, my numbers are still in "pending my port". Do the numbers have to be "hot" before I can assign them to the poly vvx-350 and have them show as line 2, line 3 etc?

The execs line should have its own voicemail not a shared mailbox.  Shared lines can only dump VM to a shared line vmbox, so shared line isn't the solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @dylanhunt 

Yes, once the porting is complete, you will be able to "Assign" the Phone Numbers (DIDs) to the Users. I suggest using Delegation & Assistant for linking the executives with the assistants. You can go ahead and set it up before the porting is done because it is linked by User:

• Go to Phone System Management > User & Rooms > Users (https://zoom.us/pbx/page/telephone/phoneUsers#/users/phone-users?page_number=1&page_size=15)
  • Select the executive from the list by clicking their name
  • Click User Settings at the top 
  • Scroll down to Delegation & Assistant 
  • Click Add select the assistant(s) one by one, and click Invite
  • Set the Delegation Privileges as deemed necessary
  • The executive's line will automatically show up on the assistant(s) phones without having to add Line Keys. The converse is not true though. 

Once those are set up, you can see the list of those set up in Phone System Management > Shared Lines > Shared Line Appearance. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

enielsen
Participant

Pretty sure you cannot assign numbers until the porting is complete.

One cannot assign more than 1 extension to a phone other than using shared line appearances or groups (or if an extension is in a call queue).

You can have multiple DIDs on an extension, Zoom will put each DID on a different line automatically.

dylanhunt
Attendee

Everyone has DID's, not just internal extensions so I should be able to add the DID's to each person once the port is complete. 

the Exec's line would ring on his phone and on the two Assistant's phone since it's a DID, not only an internal extension, correct? 

FORE-Craig

Hi @dylanhunt 

Yes, once the porting is complete, you will be able to "Assign" the Phone Numbers (DIDs) to the Users. I suggest using Delegation & Assistant for linking the executives with the assistants. You can go ahead and set it up before the porting is done because it is linked by User:

• Go to Phone System Management > User & Rooms > Users (https://zoom.us/pbx/page/telephone/phoneUsers#/users/phone-users?page_number=1&page_size=15)
  • Select the executive from the list by clicking their name
  • Click User Settings at the top 
  • Scroll down to Delegation & Assistant 
  • Click Add select the assistant(s) one by one, and click Invite
  • Set the Delegation Privileges as deemed necessary
  • The executive's line will automatically show up on the assistant(s) phones without having to add Line Keys. The converse is not true though. 

Once those are set up, you can see the list of those set up in Phone System Management > Shared Lines > Shared Line Appearance. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thank you so much! 

FORE-Craig

You’re welcome! 

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Can only assign a DID to a single object i.e. a shared line appearance, or an extension, etc.

If you are not wanting to use Shared Line Appearances or Shared Line Groups, could trying using a Call Queue.

Though if the only issue you have with Shared Lines is how the voicemail for them is a shared voicemail box - perhaps you can just remove the people you don't want to have access from the access list?

enielsen
Participant

Just noting here that Delegations are the same Shared Line Appearances