cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS text option

cbolding
Listener

Hello, I just purchased my Phone plan, restarted the application but I don't see the SMS option when I select the ph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee

@cbolding Please check if you've done the steps in this article - How to assign a phone number

You need to ensure that you've assigned yourself a phone number to send/receive SMS and call external contacts.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

crissyd

@cbolding Please refer to this article about Setting up SMS to ensure SMS is enabled.

cbolding
Listener

@crissyd  Awesome, did that...thank you! I submitted a request for a SMS text campaign to be able to use the SMS function. How long does it typically take to get the campaign approved? 

crissyd

@cbolding Due to Zoom’s dependence on third parties, we are experiencing delays of up to 3 weeks on campaign approvals. Since you have submitted your campaign and are currently awaiting campaign approval, messaging capabilities will not be impacted.

@crissyd "messaging capabilities will not be impacted", does this mean I should be able to send/receive SMS texts now? 

crissyd

@cbolding You can test it now since you've enabled the SMS feature and has started to set it up. When you go to your Zoom desktop client / mobile app then Zoom Phone, you should see the SMS tab. From there, you can now send text messages.

If it's not working, please submit a ticket here so our Support Team can assist further.

crissyd_0-1690308234086.png

When I hover over the pencil to start a new conversation, I get the "You do not have a direct number. You cannot start a new conversation" message.

I have a number associated with my account, I'm using the phone function to make and receive calls. What's missing?

crissyd

@cbolding Please check if you've done the steps in this article - How to assign a phone number

You need to ensure that you've assigned yourself a phone number to send/receive SMS and call external contacts.

I had assigned a number but not as a direct number. Just fixed it and up and running with text. So relieved 😀! Thank you!!

Hi,

I am having trouble using the SMS/Text feature on my desktop. I can use it on my mobile app but would love to have it on my desktop for work purposes. I have been trying to resolve this for quite some time and just can't seem to find the solution. Thanks