cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS campaign

CelinaA
Listener

We are a non-profit and a victim service provider. Do we need to create a brand and campaign to use SMS?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @CelinaA suggest looking into the KBs on Using SMS within the Zoom phone features. Looking into the KBs suggest looking at the prerequisites and ensuring you meet those. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CelinaA 

The following articles should explain why you will need to create a 10DLC Brand and at least one Campaign if you are based in the USA for compliance purposes:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/9303687983245-10-Digit-Long-Code-DLC-Best-Practices

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5016496738445-SMS-MMS-10DLC-Compliance-for-Zoom-Phone-and-...

I hope that helps!

Craig

Sorry, but this really does not help me. I have access to the Zoom phone, but never really use it except as VM for the occasional phone call. I do use Zoom for meetings, but never for any type of messaging or texting or sales campaigns.

I read a few of the articles re SMS/MMS/10DLC and it all seems like some sort of complicated practical joke. I would prefer not to spend several hours trying to figure this all out if I will never use whatever it is.

Comment?

FORE-Craig

Hi @Boru

If you don't plan on using the SMS feature of Zoom Phone, you're not required to do so.

Craig

We are a church and very rarely send SMS. As the admin, I am probably the only person that does and then only as a test. Someone may occasionally send something like an address for an event, but honestly, most people here don't have a DID so they can't text. I can't figure out how to do the sample message and don't understand why this applies to us. So confusing. I'm going to basically make something up for sample texts since I can't possibly anticipate what messages someone may send.

FORE-Craig

Hi @Rickh925

You're on the right track. Make up an example of the type of SMS interaction that you have had or anticipate having. It can be quite generic, such you you receive inquiries about details or an event and how you reply.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Just found this forum. I am a single user with one phone number, using Zoom as a second phone line. I have texted a few times, though, so my usage of SMS is nonzero, so I guess I need to set up this brand and campaign thing. If we have to enter a sample text, mine is probably going to look like "Hey, have you eaten yet?"