cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Numbers for Users

christ10
Listener

Hi,

We operate with a receptionist that answers all calls and then transfers. No one ever received calls directly.  Are we required to set up phone numbers for each employee, or can we just have a main line?  If optional, pro/cons of doing it either way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You are not required to assign a phone number to all of your users with the following implications:

For users with Basic License only, they can receive transferred call from the receptionist but they will not be able to call out(only internally with extension to extension dialing). For users with a calling plans, they can receive transferred call from Receptionist but to call out, they need to use a DID as their outbound caller ID(i.e Main company number  set under Phone system Management>Phones>assigned, Site Auto Reception DID, Call Queue DID- as long as user is a member of the call queue)

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IP-Man

You are not required to assign a phone number to all of your users with the following implications:

For users with Basic License only, they can receive transferred call from the receptionist but they will not be able to call out(only internally with extension to extension dialing). For users with a calling plans, they can receive transferred call from Receptionist but to call out, they need to use a DID as their outbound caller ID(i.e Main company number  set under Phone system Management>Phones>assigned, Site Auto Reception DID, Call Queue DID- as long as user is a member of the call queue)

Cheers!

IP-Man

@christ10  

If my reply solved your discussion don’t forget to mark reply as the solution. Thanks!

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.
Cheers!