cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share call queues between sites

uncaged
Listener

Hello,

I've got a US startup with a branch office in France.  I've got a US local number, a US toll-free number, and a French number.  I want it so that when someone calls a US number, the greeting is in English, saying to push 1, 2 or 3 for English, French or Spanish, but when they call the French number, the greeting is in French, again letting them choose a language.  After a language is selected, the caller will choose between sales, support or billing.  I'll want 9 call queues, for the 3 departments in the 3 languages.  I'll need my employees to be able to be in multiple call queues, like if a sales person speaks English and French.  Supposing a caller picked Sales in French, I'd want them to go into the same call queue whether they called a US or French number.

Does this setup require 2 sites?  It looks like call queues are tied to a site, and that would sound like I'd need 18 call queues, which I don't want.  Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi uncaged,

This will work.

1. Create 2 sites: 1 US site and 1 France site.

2. Build your call queues - it doesn't matter  where the members are physically located

3. Create Auto Receptionist for English language (i.e., English AR); Disable main greeting

4. Record Audio Prompt to instruct callers to press key to route to Call Queues (departments) built in step #2

5. Repeat steps #3 & #4 for French language and name it like French AR

6. On French site, create another Auto Receptionist (i.e., France Main AR or any descriptive name)

7. Bind the French number to this AR; disable main greeting; Record an Audio Prompt in French asking caller to select French or English language (Option 2).

8. For Option 1, route to "French AR" created in step #5

9. Repeat steps #6 to #8 for US site where recorded Audio Prompt is in English

Let me know if it helps. 😀

If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BrentG-ZP

Nope, CQ's can be setup in the "Main Site" location and the users can be at any remote location site you've created and get added to any CQ.

Sounds like a fun setup! Good luck!

zac2021

Hi uncaged,

This will work.

1. Create 2 sites: 1 US site and 1 France site.

2. Build your call queues - it doesn't matter  where the members are physically located

3. Create Auto Receptionist for English language (i.e., English AR); Disable main greeting

4. Record Audio Prompt to instruct callers to press key to route to Call Queues (departments) built in step #2

5. Repeat steps #3 & #4 for French language and name it like French AR

6. On French site, create another Auto Receptionist (i.e., France Main AR or any descriptive name)

7. Bind the French number to this AR; disable main greeting; Record an Audio Prompt in French asking caller to select French or English language (Option 2).

8. For Option 1, route to "French AR" created in step #5

9. Repeat steps #6 to #8 for US site where recorded Audio Prompt is in English

Let me know if it helps. 😀

If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

We have an office in Canada that has a large French speaking population as well as English speakers.  For several hours a day we have a bilingual operator that answers the calls.  The rest of the time we send the calls to an IVR.  I attached a call flow we use for that application.  This may guiide you some.

zac2021

@uncaged I would like to see if this answer your query. If it does, please mark "Accept as Solution." If not, please provide more context.