cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group pickup of call queues

SAFELtd
Listener

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere however I couldn't find the exact solution.

Using Yealink desk phones here. We have 2 call queues A & B.

Call queue A rings three administrator phones, after a set period also rings Supervisor A, finally escalating to  voicemail if no answer.

Call queue B rings the same three administrator phones, after a set period also rings Supervisor B (mobile)  finally escalating to  voicemail if no answer.

If  Supervisor A is in the office alone they may want to pickup a ringing call from either queue A or B at any stage. I've added their phone to a group call pickup and assigned a button on his phone. This works for calls to direct extensions in the group or internal calls but is unable to pickup calls that have come through queue A or B.

The simple fix would be to add the internal extension numbers for the queues to the Group Pickup members list but only user extensions, no call queue extensions are available on the add members dialogue within Group Call pickup.

Alternatively our old phone system had BLF buttons for all extensions, if we could see one ringing we could just press that button to pickup their line. In our zoom setup this calls them, rather that picking up their ringing call.

Any ideas peeps?

2 REPLIES 2

enielsen
Participant

To handle:

Call queue A rings three administrator phones, after a set period also rings Supervisor A, finally escalating to  voicemail if no answer.

you could have call queue A as above, with an overflow if no answer after X minutes to call queue A2 which has the 3 admin phones plus supervisor A. Call queue A2 would have an overflow to voicemail after Y minutes. Similar for the other call queue.

As to having the ability for a Supervisor to pickup a call whenever they want, no way to do that that I know of. If you have the Power Pack, you could have the Supervisor normally be logged off of the queue, but if they see calls waiting in the queue in Power Pack (or zoom real time analytics), they could log onto the queue and the call should ring on their phone/app. Alternatively, if only care about in the office, could have another phone on their desk (say a  common area desk phone) that is dedicated as a call queue member.

I'll also point out that if ya'll are also using the zoom app on laptop or cell phone, agents can be anywhere with internet access.

SAFELtd
Listener

Thanks for getting back. I'm really trying to avoid adding supervisors to the group as they won't remember to log in and out. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution, I just need the ability to pick another ringing phone up (queue call) from a single button press like we can a call to a direct extension.