cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTERNAL INCOMING CALLS NOT WORKING

blistavidom
Listener

Hi,

we signed up to Zoom Phone over two weeks ago and until now we were not able to receive any calls from any mobile phone. The only calls that go through are the one made from the Zoom network.

We don't know what to do anymore, we are chatting with the support team over 10 days, and nobody could fix the issue yet.

Everything in the setting seems to be good, but when we call the given number, it hangs up or gives a sound like the line is busy or does not exist.

I appreciate everyone's help.

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi blistavidom,

how are your local and or toll free numbers assigned?  do you have local numbers assigned to any individuals, call queues or auto receptionists?  if so, can you successfully call any of these numbers?

what do your logs show for incoming calls?

thanks,

eliot

Eliot

Here is one possible way to set up zoom phone.  This assumes you have two paid calling plans such USA/Canada unlimited calling plan licenses. 

With two licenses for us/Canada you get two local telephone numbers and unlimited us/Canada calling.  

One local number could be assigned to the auto receptionist.  You could assign the extra local telephone number to yourself or your colleague for direct calls without going through the auto receptionist. 

The auto receptionist permits you to set up an interactive voice response (ivr).  The ivr could have ‘for Kara, press 1’ and ‘for your colleague, press 2.’ . When 1 is pressed, your extension is dialed and when 2 is pressed, your colleague’s extension is dialed.  

You should assign one of your us/Canada unlimited calling plan licenses to your extension and the other calling plan license to your colleague’ extension.  This will permit both you and your colleague to make and receive outside and inside calls. 

Thanks, eliot

Hi,

we are from Croatia and the number is a Local Landline Croatian number that was given to us from Zoom.

We don’t have a second line.

The idea was that w shave one main company number, and when you call it the auto receptionist starts the IvR. 1 for Sara, 2 for Ana and etc.

This was all setup and when I call from Zoom phone the number we got the IvR starts to talk and it works. All outgoing calls work as well to, we can call from the number.

The issues is:

when somebody is calling this number it’s not working, it gives just a busy noise or message “number does not exist”. 
Nobody was successful to make a external call to the number. The logs don’t show any incoming calls except the one we made inside the Zoom network.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @blistavidom 

If the telephone number is a local Croatian number that Zoom provided, and not a Croatian number that you requested to be brought over from another carrier, then I would venture to say the issue is in the routing to Zoom from other carriers in Croatia. 

I would suggest that you ask Zoom Support to "escalate" the issue for you. The current support representative may not adequately understand. Have you done that?

Craig

We are from Croatia and the number is a Local Landline Croatian number that was given to us from Zoom, it’s not toll free.

We don’t have a second line.

The idea was that w shave one main company number, and when you call it the auto receptionist starts the IvR. 1 for Sara, 2 for Ana and etc.

This was all setup and when I call from Zoom phone the number we got the IvR starts to talk and it works. All outgoing calls work as well to, we can call from the number.

The issues is:

when somebody is calling this number it’s not working, it gives just a busy noise or message “number does not exist”. 
Nobody was successful to make a external call to the number. The logs don’t show any incoming calls except the one we made inside the Zoom network.

Eliot

hi blistavidom,

croatia  appears to be one of zoom's emea countries where zoom supplies phone numbers.

Zoom Phone Global Coverage | Zoom

i agree with craig.  you should open a support ticket with zoom.  i assume that you have a PRO GLOBAL SELECT plan.

Zoom Phone Plans & Pricing | Zoom

to open a support ticket with zoom, please use link below and include all the great information you have provided plus the croatia telephone number that zoom assigned.

Submit a request – Zoom Support

when you make an outgoing call from your zoom telephone, is the caller id (telephone number) that the receiver gets the same number that zoom assigned?

have you tried zoom phone test number  *8378 

Testing device audio – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

Hi,

please confirm that you have assigned the local Croatian number you got from zoom to your auto receptionist as your main company number.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028553691-Managing-the-main-company-number-and-caller-I...

incoming calls are free and internal calls are free. 

Each user making outgoing calls needs to have a paid calling plan assigned to them.  It is optional for the users to have a direct local number.  With each paid calling plan, the company gets up to one local telephone number per paid calling plan.

thanks, eliot