cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Rings but Mobile App does not

butterfly_mtn
Listener

Should my desktop and mobile app not both ring simultaneously?  If I walk away from my desk, I would like to still receive phone calls on my mobile app.  I heard my computer ringing in the distance, opened the mobile app, and couldn't see any incoming phone call.  This has been happening frequently.  Sometimes it rings, and sometimes it doesn't (on mobile).   I have set my timezone on the web portal.  

7 REPLIES 7

butterfly_mtn
Listener

follow up msg.  just now, my computer was ringing and my phone wasn't.  I sprinted downstairs to my computer and just missed the ringing.  then a 2nd round of ringing started, and though I answered on the computer, I did notice it was ringing simultaneously on my mobile app.  Is that how it works?  It tries you where it thinks you are first, and doesn't start ringing for you everywhere until a certain time has passed?  

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @butterfly_mtn 

There are a few of things that you want to check:

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thank you.  Appreciate it. 

Mobile Apps is incl in call handling.  Simultaneous was/is on.  

The mobile app (android) was set for yes.. on "Pause app activity if unused".  I turned that off.  Perhaps that is the culprit.  I also changed it to be "allowed" for Display Over Other Apps.  

We'll see how it goes.  Two calls did not ring my phone this morning but one did.  We'll see how it behaves going forward.

Your help message/reply was the best!   Appreciate it.  

FORE-Craig

Hi @butterfly_mtn 

You're welcome! I hope that the options you changed will make the difference. Do remember that you need to be signed into the Zoom app on the phone... some people forget. 😃

Thank you for mentioning the names of the options that you changed! That could potentially help someone else with an Android.

If it does indeed solve the issue, please click "Accept as Solution" on your previous reply. Doing so can help others in the future who have the same problem quickly find a solution. 😊 

Best regards,

Craig

Hello Criag,

Hope you are doing well,

I have the opposite situation.

My profile is configured to receive calls on my laptop and mobile phone as well, the problem is when I answered the call on my computer my mobile phone is still ringing, do you know how can I prevent or avoid this situation?

Thanks

I am having a similar problem, I had all of the settings correct, but the app notifications on my phone keeps getting turned off.

We are having the same issue and none of the potential solutions mentioned above resolved the issue. When we go into the Zoom setting and only select Zoom Mobile App under Call handling then do a test call it rings for the prescribed 15 seconds and then plays our selected message and disconnects. We cannot get it to only ring on the iPhones we are using or ring simultaneously. Any other suggestions?