cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Limit on SMS messages?

Pio_at_Geeks
Listener

On of my users just got this error message upon trying to send an SMS via the Zoom desktop app (same happens on phone)

I can find no reference to what the daily cap on SMS messages might be, but from my usage logs this person shouldn't come anywhere close to a cap.  They are talking with some of our contractors about filling jobs, not some sort of automated marketing campaign or anything.

The only references I can find are API rate limits but even then, I don't think they'd hit that ceiling.

I have created a ticket, but is there some setting or report I'm missing?  Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Pio_at_Geeks
Listener

Despite our request for an increase in the SMS count not being for marketing purposes or communication with customers, it looks like due to the regulations we still need to register a brand and an sms campaign.  It is now awaiting approval.

You can read more info about this in Zoom here 

More details when I hear back about approvals...

View solution in original post

King_rago
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

All SMS traffic from cloud providers like Zoom is being treated by mobile operators as A2P (business to consumer) conversations. While we are aware that there are customers who use Zoom Phone SMS for conversational peer-to-peer messaging, in the eye of mobile operators it is still an A2P message. Unfortunately, for registration purposes, you will have to go thru the mandated campaign process.

Regards,

King

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pio_at_Geeks
Listener

Update for folks who may have the same problem in the future:

I have been informed by a support ticket that the SMS limit is 20 to 100 texts per user per day.  That is just really low in my opinion.  There are ways to increase this limit but it involves registering your brand and detailing your "campaign" .  All of this is geared towards business to consumer communications, which I understand as per federal regulations.  However, my use case are managers texting their workers with job info.  It feels odd to have to set that up as some sort of marketing campaign. 

More details as the story unfolds...

King_rago
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

All SMS traffic from cloud providers like Zoom is being treated by mobile operators as A2P (business to consumer) conversations. While we are aware that there are customers who use Zoom Phone SMS for conversational peer-to-peer messaging, in the eye of mobile operators it is still an A2P message. Unfortunately, for registration purposes, you will have to go thru the mandated campaign process.

Regards,

King

Yes, our process back in September was successful, if a bit awkward.  We did get notified recently that ALL communications were being treated as such, but we should be all set now.

Pio_at_Geeks
Listener

Despite our request for an increase in the SMS count not being for marketing purposes or communication with customers, it looks like due to the regulations we still need to register a brand and an sms campaign.  It is now awaiting approval.

You can read more info about this in Zoom here 

More details when I hear back about approvals...

mikewilson4223
Listener

Please resolve the Issue Limited messages and Calls...it's a big loss of our business by facing the Rare limit on messages and Calls please resolve this issue As soon as possible thanks