cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Default Line Key Label

RickCH
Listener

By Default it looks like Zoom put in the label of a button to be "Username Extension".  However some of the Yealink phones have smaller Line Key labels.  Is there a way to change it in the provisioning template to say something like "LineKey1.Label.<Ext Name>"

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

enielsen
Participant

Not sure if you can do that. But you can make different length labels using features.config_dsskey_length = 1

1 is the longest length which is what we set as the default is too short for us.  Don't have the other values on me at the moment.

Thanks for the reply!

I have increased that to 1 also, but some of those labels are so small, if someone has a name longer then 4 chars, it will still get cut.    So I rather have "Extension Name" format for the label.

Thanks!

enielsen
Participant

I think the text of the label is just a string provided by zoom so no way to control it. Might be able to manually set it in a custom template just for a single user? But - if that even works - would need a template per user.

Perhaps make a Zoom feature request for a way to control the label text?

RickCH
Listener

Ok, thanks!  I wanted to make sure I was not missing some hidden feature.  🙂  I will see what they can do.  

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Rick,

As an alternative perhaps you could create User Settings templates with the Line Keys assignments in them, placing the extension number in the Alias field for those assigned the Yealink models with the short display length.

I hope that helps!

Craig