cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive a phone call

batteriesplus
Listener

Hi 

I just set up a zoom phone and am new to this. Can not receive a phone call. It says the service is restricted or service is not available. But I can make a phone call through the app. What should I do?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Glickitup
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Sounds like the device may not be associated to the user with the calling plan. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021119092-Managing-phones-and-devices

batteriesplus
Listener

Can we associate the iphone number to the user with the calling plan? 

Why is my zoom phone has #800 at the end? 

Glickitup
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Batteriesplus,

Is this IPhone number with a particular cellular provider? You would need to Port it to zoom to take advantage of a Zoom calling plan. On the #800 question do you have a sceenshot of what you are seeing?

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi batteriesplus,

probably, your telephone number has been assigned to your auto receptionist.  the 10 dgit number before the #800 is your telephone number.  the #800 is your extension number as the owner.  this setup is used by businesses that want to use an interactive voice response system.  for example, sales - press 1, order status - press 2, billing - press 3, etc.  the default greeting says you can enter an extention at any time.  to confirm, call your telephone number.  as soon as the call is answered, enter your extension number 800 and your phone should ring.

if this is not what you want, you can remove your telephone number from your auto receptionist and assign it to your extension.  by assigning your telephone number to your extension, incoming calls will ring your phone.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

jusmith
Listener

Hi- I used this technique because I only have one number (its only me in my company)  Do you know how to set up the voice mail if you remove the number to the auto attendant?

Eliot

hi jusmith,

since callers are routed to your extension, your voicemail will be in your extension.  

please go to zoom portal->personal->phone->settings.  when a call is not answered, forward to voice mail./ video mail.  i enable allow callers to check voicemail so i can check my voice mail from any phone.

Eliot_0-1708532366578.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot