cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Quality/Dropping on Mobile App

tmcandrew
Listener

All,

Some of our users are having call quality issues when using the mobile app on their cell phone.  This situation is unique because if they just made the call on the cell phone itself, not through the app, they do no see the same quality/connection issue.

My best guess, but can't find anyway to prove my theory, is that the mobile app uses a local 3g/4g/5g data network to connect, whereas a regular call just uses the wireless call network, which likely has a more expansive reach than the data network.

Has anyone come across this issue?  If so, any ideas how to fix it?  Is it possible to have calls use the cellular wireless network rather than the 4g network etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi tmcandrew,

i think you are correct.  many carriers give priority to their cell phone calls over their data networks. 

you can switch the call to the phone carrier; however, when a call is switched to your carrier, the call is charged at a metered rate.

Switching a call to your phone carrier - Zoom Support

in addition, zoom has suggestions for providing and using wifi.

Wireless (WiFi) Connection Issues

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061805

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot

hi tmcandrew,

i think you are correct.  many carriers give priority to their cell phone calls over their data networks. 

you can switch the call to the phone carrier; however, when a call is switched to your carrier, the call is charged at a metered rate.

Switching a call to your phone carrier - Zoom Support

in addition, zoom has suggestions for providing and using wifi.

Wireless (WiFi) Connection Issues

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061805

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

tmcandrew
Listener

Thank you.  I believe that answers my question, Eliot.