Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forward to a 3digit number

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi,

I am trying  to Forward calls to external number when the call is not answered. I want this number to be a 3digits number (I want actually to send the call to the SBC and from then route the call to another analog phone inside the company) .

The problem is that I get the message "invalid number"  when trying to enter the 3digit number in the field.

i have also created the relative routing rule for this purpose.

thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Alex_z 

Are you asking how to specify an external phone number, followed by a pause and an extension number of three digits at that location?

The addition of programming an extension number following an external direct dial number is not currently support in Zoom Phone. You could always submit an enhancement feature request at zoom.us/feed  

I'm sorry, I don't know what SBC refers to!

I hope that helps! 

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoom expects "external number" to be a PSTN DID only.

Haven't worked with SBCs and Zoom, so can't help there though I wonder if one can use Routing Rules for this?

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Alex,

I am assuming your Premise Peering - PBX trunk is up ? Where are you trying to enter the 3 digit extension. If all's setup, you should be able to call using Zoom phone. 

If not, You can add the 3 digit number as an "external contact" example Analog_extension = 123. Here is the article if you are not familiar: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037050092-Creating-a-shared-directory-of-external-conta...

After this, You can forward a user to an external contact.