cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate bulk import of Exernal Contacts from CSV

JoshuaThompson
Listener

I need a way to automate the bulk import of contacts from a CSV file to the External Contacts of Zoom.

I know I can manually import a CSV file but I need a way to automate this process so that the external contact stay up to date with my CRM.

Is this possible / doable?

Am I thinking about this wrong?

My goal is that when an external caller calls one of my zoom phone users their caller ID pop up shows the contact information of the caller (assuming the caller is our contact list).   

9 REPLIES 9

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JoshuaThompson 

I just had a look in the Zoom Developer Forum. There have been a couple of people asking the same question there. As of the last reply (April 2022) the answer was no, and suggested that a Feature Request be submitted. I would suggest that you pose your question there. That would be the appropriate forum to learn about APIs available for Zoom.

https://devforum.zoom.us/

I hope that helps!

Craig

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JoshuaThompson

We do have an API that can add external contacts. See here https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/phone/methods/#tag/External-Contacts but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. I know that some CRMs like Salesforce will create a contact when a phone number is called into your Zoom Phone. Assuming that you have an integration with Zoom and that CRM. Is that the case here. Do you have an integration already in place with Zoom and your CRM?

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

JoshuaThompson
Listener

Thanks for the replies @FORE-Craig  and @YaBoiB 

There currently is no integration between zoom and our CRM.   

I was hoping to do this automated import without getting our development team involved.   An automated process that we could schedule daily would be real nice.

YaBoiB

Hi @JoshuaThompson

I understand. Unfortunately, I am not aware of an automated integration that would not take developer actions for that function. If your CRM is creating contacts as your customers are calling in you could export that CSV or excel file and then import it into your Zoom account maybe once a week or even bi-weekly. Would that work for your business needs?

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

@YaBoiB  I think that's what I am going to do but I was looking for a method to automate this.

YaBoiB

Hi Joshua, 

I did reach out to Zoom's API development team to see if I need to think of a way to do this. Once I get their feedback, I will let you know their thoughts. There may be something that I am not aware of.

What is the name of the CRM that your org is using?

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

@YaBoiB our CRM is an inhouse developed application.

YaBoiB

Hi @JoshuaThompson

I would say that using APIs would be your best bet in this scenario. It is the closest function next to integration with the CRM. Also, just to make you aware, you can open a support ticket with our developer support team for support on this issue. 

You can reach out to the Developer team directly here https://developers.zoom.us/ 

I did reach out to them via Zoom chat and I am still awaiting a response from that team. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

enielsen
Participant

Looks like there is a Zoom Phone API endpoint for dealing with external contacts: 

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/phone/methods/#tag/External-Contacts

So one would have to write a script to take a CSV file and update the external contacts using the API....