cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding directory to a common area phone

Glad
Listener

Hi! Can anyone teach me how to add a directory to a Zoom conference phone? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Glad,

You're welcome! 

The Line Keys that show names than cat be selected to easily dial people are setup on the on the Zoom web portal at zoom.us.

On the left go to Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms. The following page will explain how how the settings work. I am assuming that the phone is set up as a Common Area Phone.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040587552-Customizing-line-keys-and-positions-settings

The lookup by name feature will vary based on the model of the phone, by default all of your internal users should automatically show up. There should be a User Guide in Zoom help that relates to your specific Brand and Model of phone at support.zoom.us.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig

Hi Glad,

Would you please elaborate! What is the brand and model of the phone? Are you talking about displaying "line keys" with names that can be selected to dial people, or having a name lookup?

Thank you!

Craig

Glad
Listener

Hi Craig!

Thank you for noticing my question.

How do I set up both? 

Thanks, 

Glad

FORE-Craig

Hi Glad,

You're welcome! 

The Line Keys that show names than cat be selected to easily dial people are setup on the on the Zoom web portal at zoom.us.

On the left go to Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms. The following page will explain how how the settings work. I am assuming that the phone is set up as a Common Area Phone.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040587552-Customizing-line-keys-and-positions-settings

The lookup by name feature will vary based on the model of the phone, by default all of your internal users should automatically show up. There should be a User Guide in Zoom help that relates to your specific Brand and Model of phone at support.zoom.us.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Glad
Listener

Thank you so much for this, Craig! Appreciate it!

FORE-Craig

My pleasure!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi Glad,

Were you able to set up the Line Keys on your conference phone to do what you wanted, as well as find the Zoom documentation for your phone model that shows you how to look up Zoom phone user from the phone?

If so, please mark my previous answer as having resolved your question. This way others will know if they have the same question! 😊 

Thank you!

Craig

Glad
Listener

Got it! 🙂