cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeti Microphone Issues

Luke04
Listener

When I'm doing a Zoom call with someone else and I'm using my Blue Yeti microphone the other person can hear me, but I cannot hear them.

What do I do to fix it?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

EBZoomer
Listener

I've used one of these before.  I remember Zoom can sometimes set the Blue Yeti as the speaker which doesn't make sense....its just a mic.  Double check that......or just make sure your speaker setting is set correctly.  Settings ->Audio.

Thanks, EB! I attached screenshots with how my sound is set up on my MacBook Air. Do I need to put headphones into the microphone in order to hear people? Or is there anything I can change in the settings for the sound?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Blue Yet has a headphone jack and therefore can be seen as a speaker to the operating system.

blue.jpeg

Review your audio settings.

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thanks, Frank! I attached screenshots with how my sound is set up on my MacBook Air. Do I need to put headphones into the microphone in order to hear people? Or is there anything I can change in the settings for the sound?

Frank_TB

Hello,

If you are using the Yeti as your mic (Input) I would wear headphones or earbuds or avoid feedback.

Right now, you are using your laptop microphone according to your screenshots. Is that what you want?

Although you have shared screenshots of your operating system’s sound settings it would be helpful for you to share your Zoom sound settings.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7516716291597-Troubleshooting-speaker-or-microphone-issues... 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Niel_Mag
Listener

I have used blue yeti and zoom for a few years and it was fine. But now it seems the audio keeps cutting in and out. I have tried multiple zoom audio settings and nothing seems to work