cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom not showing graphics or videos from OBS

NIL2
Newcomer
Newcomer

I use OBS as a stream software.. but when i tried to play some of the videos for my presentation or graphics it wont show on zoom

6 REPLIES 6

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

The word 'some' is the most curious thing here - are you able to get other elements from OBS seen by Zoom than the ones that are specifically giving you trouble?

I assume you're using the OBS Virtual Camera plugin for local 'camera' input - is this correct?

Yes i am using virtual camera. I am able to see the graphics and videos play in OBS on my end but the other people in the meeting are not. I am sure that it is some kind of setting that i need to change but I can’t figure it out.. 

bstrelko

OK, so the virtual camera is not connecting. Have you already clicked 'Start Virtual Camera' in OBS and then selected and un-vuted the OBS Virtual Camera in Zoom?

Also, OBS has a particular order of operations it likes. Best results are typically:

-Reboot Computer (start fresh)

-Launch OBS

-Start Virtual Camera in OBS

-Launch Zoom

-Select OBS Virtual Camera as camera source

Let's start there before troubleshooting any further.

valerievalou21
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've been using OBS and Zoom for training sessions for years, and today, Zoom can't see my OBS camera. Even though I've activated the virtual camera, I've uninstalled Zoom and OBS, but without success. I'm feeling a bit helpless.

bstrelko

Can you confirm which OS (including version) you're using, as well as the version of OBS you're using?

Does Zoom see the device as a valid camera (despite the video not working) or is the virtual camera device missing from the Zoom camera drop-down altogether?

LooneyDoodle
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi NIL2, not 100% sure of your scenario but, as long as these videos and graphics are showing in your OBS scene, and you have 'Virtual Camera' switched in (Soft Button turns Blue), then these elements should make it into your Zoom presentation.

Q:  Have you also got 'Camera' switched to 'OBS Virtual Camera' in your Zoom/Video settings?

Hope this helps anyway,  BK :).