cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom not connecting

avidscholar222
Listener

I have been trying to join my weekly zoom meetings since Thursday and I am unable to join using my Mac. Can someone tell what might be wrong? I have tried all the suggestions in the community but to avail. 

10 REPLIES 10

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @avidscholar222 ! I know it's been a minute since you initially posted, but I wanted to check in. Are you still having this issue? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

hi , zoom meeting is not connecting, network issue not detected kindly help

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thanks for replying. Are you receiving any error messages when you try to connect to your meetings? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Hi, I have a work zoom account and seem unable to connect. I tried entering the domain name for single sign on and nothing happens (that I can see). Then I tried with my email and I get a window that says "connetcting..." but nothing further happens. I am on ubuntu 22.04. I am able to join zoom meetings when I click on an existing meeting link, but cannot log into my own account. Any advice for what to try or how to find out where the problem is?

schoenfeldjulie
Listener

I am having trouble connecting. I have a business Zoom account and logged into a university account and now can't get into my business account. Can you help?

Hi! Are you still having issues getting into your account? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Many of us are still having this issue. The app constantly is saying it can't connect and there is a network issue. My network is working perfectly fine with every other app and website. But for some reason, the Zoom app refuses to work. I even deleted it completely off my mac and re-downloaded it from the Zoom website to make sure I had the most updated version - after doing a system update the night before. And Zoom STILL isn't working and is still giving a "cannot connect" error. This is clearly an issue with many users for a very long time given this thread. Help, please! 

schoenfeldjulie
Listener

Still can't connect. It spins round and round saying Connecting and then it doesn't connect.

driverds
Listener

I also can't enter my or others Zoom meetings unless I click 'Join Meeting' and then 'Join from your browser'.

This was never the case and has been happening for over a week now in Chrome and Edge. When I get in via 'Join from a browser' I have no back picture, just blank.

Can someone help please?

RaminErfanian
Listener

Hi,

In past three days my Zoom App on Mac has not been able to connect while my browser-based zoom works just fine. I have taken all the steps multiple times from uninstall to checking privacy and firewall permissions but still no luck.

I zoom for all my business meetings and this is creating a major issue. Please help