cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meeting passcode update / meeting ID - Generate Automatically

jo9
Listener

Has there been a recent update in regards in the meeting ID function - Generate Automatically

and the passcode it generates.

When I go and edit a meeting that I created 2 days ago for next week, it is now telling me the passcode is invalid.

Will this impact people joining the meeting, do I have to go back and update all the passwords and resend out all the calendar invitations ?

This will create extra work!

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@jo9, the passcodes might have been invalidated if the "Passcode Requirement" settings have been changed.  The account manager might have set these on Admin -> Account Management -> Account Settings -> Meeting -> Security under "Passcode Requirement".  I don't see a place for the individual users to affect their own Passcode Requirement settings.

For example, if you put in any non-numeric characters in previous meeting passcodes, and the Admin checked the "Only allow numeric passcode" option, then your previously-entered passcodes will be invalid.

So I'd recommend checking that setting to see if it has been changed... it's the only reason I can see that your passcodes would be invalidated.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !