cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat function

SusaaneKearney
Listener

I am able to receive chats during a meeting and can type a reply but am unable to send it . What am I missing ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

In order to send a chat message you simply need to press the Enter key. There is no displayed box or arrow to click on.

If you wish to create a multi-line message you can press Ctrl-Enter on a Mac or Shift-Enter on a PC to move your cursor to the next line verses sending the message by pressing Enter.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZoomTestKitchen

I'm wondering if this behavior is true for anybody that you attempt to reply to. Please let us know.

The only time I have found that I can't send a message that I've written, is when that person has left the meeting faster than a could reply.

If this isn't the case please provide some further context and I'd love to help, if possible.

@ZoomTestKitchen

SusaaneKearney
Listener

This is true of anyone I try to send a chat to including Everyone. I have ensured that the chat function is enabled by the host when  I attempt this. Should there be a box or arrow or someplace to click to send a message because I have none.

Hi @SusaaneKearney , once you type your message, you should press "Enter" on your device. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-Chatting-in-a-Zoom-meeting

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ZoomTestKitchen

In order to send a chat message you simply need to press the Enter key. There is no displayed box or arrow to click on.

If you wish to create a multi-line message you can press Ctrl-Enter on a Mac or Shift-Enter on a PC to move your cursor to the next line verses sending the message by pressing Enter.

@ZoomTestKitchen

SusaaneKearney
Listener

Thank you so much for you help. That works perfectly